Sunday 1 March 2015

Review: 2True Rose Cheek and Lip tint


I love lip tints and stains. I just really like the long-wearing, easy, no fuss-ness of them. Most of the time I can't be bothered to touch up my makeup throughout the day, so long-wearing is one of the things I look for. 



I picked this 2True Rose Cheek and Lip Tint up a while ago after looking for stains on the Superdrug website. I think there was a top 10 section and this was on top. It's really affordable at £1.99  and if I'm being honest, I feel like it's worth much more than that.

As you can see from the picture above, it looks like a nail polish with a little pot and a brush applicator. The size is also reminiscent of a nail polish. It has a very watery texture, like food colouring. 

I personally never use this on my cheeks as I find it doesn't blend, but on lips, this is my everyday shade. I either use one layer, patted in lightly for a slight tint or build it up for a rosy look. I also use this just on the middle and blend it outwards with some concealer/foundation on the outer edges of my lips to give a bitten look which I did for Valentine's Day. 

I will admit, it tastes disgusting; so keep your tongue away until it sets. It's a little bit drying as well, but because it is a tint, I can apply lip balm over it without worrying about moving it or ending up with some colour on my balm. I find it lasts best when I apply it before lip balm as it tints my lips and not the layer of balm I have over it.

For the price, I really cannot fault this product as it just gives a lovely sheer tint that is perfect for laid back days. 

Have you tried this? Or have you walked past it many times like I did? Let me know in the comments below!

Signing off now,

Dusty Foxes

7 comments:

  1. I always have such a rough time with tints like this. I can never get them to look right on me. I envy the people that can easily use it!
    xx
    Jenny // www.mishmoshmakeup.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great one because it isn't too tinted so it's quite easy to wear. :) But it did take a bit of practice...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This product sounds great, but if the taste is no good, I will be giving it a miss I'm afraid. I don't think I would be able to avoid tasting it through out the day. Great honest review :)

    http://katsbeautytales.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't mind it too much once it sets as I put a minty lip balm on top but I can see why you wouldn't like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea, never thought of that :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like a hidden gem! I love lip and cheek tints, they look so natural!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is definitely one of my go-tos. It's so affordable as well!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please leave a comment and check back because I'm going to try and reply to every comment. Feel free to leave links because I love reading new blogs and if you want a more direct response, feel free to tweet me @dustyfoxes or email me at dustyfoxesbeauty@gmail.com