Sunday 13 March 2016

Review: Konjac Sponges

Konjac French Clay Sponge Review

Konjac 100% Pure Sponge  Review

Hi!

So a while ago (as in last year) I hauled these Konjac Sponges. I've been using them for a while now, and I realised I never reviewed! So I'm rectifying that now!
I used the white one (100% Pure Konjac Sponge) when I first got it for a few weeks and I really liked it. Then, I went travelling for a few weeks and it dried out and got crusty and even soaking it in water didn't revive it. So that was a fail.

That made me really wary about opening my green one (French Green Clay) and I didn't want to open it after my bad experience. Then I realised, I had bought it and so I should use it. I've been using that one for over a month now, so I thought I would share some of things I found out.

I purchased the Wet version for both as that was the only ones in stock when I made my order. I do like the Konjac sponge for gentle exfoliation. I use it after face wash to help remove any leftover cleaser and freshen my skin. I did not find that it removed my makeup. It kind of smeared it over my skin, rather like I was washing my face with a damp tissue. However, used as a tool in the "final step" of my face washing routine, I do like it. I feel like it does make my skin look a little brighter and fresher. The green one is supposed to help with oiliness. I personally did not see much difference with oil production when using this, but when I used the sponge without a cleanser  in the morning, I did find it washed away oils rather well, so if you don't wear makeup or are too lazy to use a cleanser in the morning, this may be an option for you.

However, before you buy it, I wanted to talk about how I stored it. As I mentioned before, my 1st sponge dried out and crumbled. So to figure out how to use it, I looked online. From the Konjac Sponge company, it said to let it air dry between uses and that it would be fine if it shrunk, so I tried that. It did work for a while, but then yesterday my sponge deteriorated again. 

I did enjoy using the product, but it only lasted for a month (admittedly I had stored it in it's packaging for quite a long time). I feel like my washcloth does the same job or better and lasts longer. 

I probably would not purchase this again, but if you have tried it and found it worked great for you, let me know in the comments below! I do reply to comments (if I get them) and I would love to check out your blogs if you leave them in the comments.

Signing off now

Dusty Foxes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, please leave a comment and check back because I'm going to try and reply to every comment. Feel free to leave links because I love reading new blogs and if you want a more direct response, feel free to tweet me @dustyfoxes or email me at dustyfoxesbeauty@gmail.com