Sunday 7 February 2016

Review: Code Beautiful FFL Forget False Lashes Pre Mascara Lash Plumper


Hello!

Today I'm sharing my thoughts about the Code Beautiful FFL Forget False Lashes Pre Mascara Lash Plumper. Whew, is that a long name or what? 

I got this last year in December or so because I really wanted long voluminous lashes without having to use falsies. I used it a couple of times then promptly forgot about it because it's a bit of a hassle having to wait for it to dry. However, after hearing Amelia Liana talk about it in her recent January Favourites video, I've pulled it out and am trialling it again.
So, how did it do?
Review: Code Beautiful FFL Forget False Lashes Pre Mascara Lash Plumper


Review: Code Beautiful FFL Forget False Lashes Pre Mascara Lash Plumper

Review: Code Beautiful FFL Forget False Lashes Pre Mascara Lash Plumper

Review: Code Beautiful FFL Forget False Lashes Pre Mascara Lash Plumper

Packaging:
The product came in a lovely cardboard box with the instructions on. Inside was a simple black mascara-looking tube. I quite like how sleek this looks. I feel like it feels expensive- mainly because I love the colour scheme. 
The wand is quite bristle-y and I'm pretty sure they are plastic bristles. Personally, I like plastic bristles, so this was fine. 

Product:
As you can see, the plumper is a light brown colour and contains little fibres.

Review: Code Beautiful FFL Forget False Lashes Pre Mascara Lash Plumper Comparison

Review: Code Beautiful FFL Forget False Lashes Pre Mascara Lash Plumper Comparison

I've added here some comparison photos. On the left, I did a coat of the plumper, then mascara, then plumper, then mascara. Looking back at the instructions, I think I was only supposed to use the plumper then just mascara, but the overall effect did not change much.

On the right, I did 4 coats of the Benefit's They're Real mascara, which was also the mascara I used with the plumper. I did 4 coats so that it could be better compared with the left eye as I did 4 coats of "lash product" on that eye.

Personally, I found that the plumper did not give me a lot of added length or volume, but it did leave my lashes looking (and feeling) less clumpy than the 4 coats. I noticed this when it was just 2 coats of both as well. I think the plumper wasn't really worth it because it didn't really give a "false lash" effect.

I do think that it is something I will keep using as it has a lovely finish, but I may try it with different mascaras as I think the Benefit They're Real does a better job on it's own. (it is easier to remove the mascara with this under it though)

Just a final note that I just thought of, I do like that you can use this directly on your lashes, unlike Magnifibres (which I've also been trialling) that you need to use mascara first then layer the product on.

Overall:

I think this isn't something worth spending £18 on. Personally I did not see a huge difference and do not think it's worth the extra effort. However, I have seen very positive reviews, so it may be down to personal preference.

Let me know what you think in the comments below! Also, if you have any non-false lashes recommendations let me know because I still somehow manage to stab myself with falsies...


Update:
Code Beautiful commented on my instagram pic (@dustyfoxes) and let me know I had to wait 30 seconds before applying mascara. I have tried this with 2 other mascaras. Again, I didn't see so much that I would splash out on it again.

Signing off now
Dusty Foxes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, please leave a comment and check back because I'm going to try and reply to every comment. Feel free to leave links because I love reading new blogs and if you want a more direct response, feel free to tweet me @dustyfoxes or email me at dustyfoxesbeauty@gmail.com