Sunday 31 May 2015

Where I've been for the past few weeks+ the future of my blog?

Hello!

A bit of a random life post today, but I thought that I would share why I've been absent from social media and to some extent blogs lately.

I know that I didn't originally have a very strong presence online. I don't tweet or instagram all that often, and I only blog once a week. But I usually do try to comment back to people and to comment on other people's blogs, but lately I haven't even been reading them.

The reason is... I've been having exams. Yay. I pre-schedule posts most of the time anyway , and after my very long break from blogging, I didn't really want to have another one, so I sat down and wrote a few posts which I left in store just in case I didn't have time to write any (which it turns out, I didn't).

Now, the thing is, by not reading blogs and being busy with revision and stuff like that, I didn't really use makeup and I didn't even feel inspired to write anything. I'm trying to get back into it, but I feel very ambivalent towards beauty. For example, I haven't worn any makeup for about a 2 months now, and when I do put it on, it feels a little awkward. So because of that, I've been sitting here for about 3 hours wondering what to post. Since blogging is a hobby for me, I've decided not to stress too much about it and just keep calm. I know that it's not something I plan to do in the long run, but for now, it's something I have to do.

Ok. Another thing that I needed to mention was that summer holidays are coming up, and I'll be traveling and stuff, and there's no guarantee for internet connection, or even time to blog. Since I don't think I can pre-schedule 4 months of blog posts, posts may be erratic during that period. I will try to post things that interest me, as I always do, and I hope that you will find it interesting. I probably won't be able to reply to comments as quickly either, but I hope you will all leave some if I can post something interesting over summer.

I do wish that I could post more often, but sometimes hobbies need to take a backseat in order for me to do what I am doing in life. I'm not giving up on my blog, because I do enjoy writing it, but I need to place it on the backburner for the time being. I just want to relax and enjoy the time with my family and friends. I hope you understand.

That's all from me for now. I hope everyone has a great summer and hopefully I'll be back with more regular posts in September/ October.

Signing off now,

Dusty Foxes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, please leave a comment and check back because I'm going to try and reply to every comment. Feel free to leave links because I love reading new blogs and if you want a more direct response, feel free to tweet me @dustyfoxes or email me at dustyfoxesbeauty@gmail.com