Sunday 14 June 2015

P10P Review: Color Club 0-60 Speedy Top Coat and Seche Vite Fast Dry Top Coat


I felt like nail polish top coats didn't really deserve a full post on their own, so since I finished these 2 during P10P, I thought I would post about them together. Both of these are fast drying clear top coats.

Color Club 0-60 Speedy Top Coat
I originally got this on Amazon, but it has gotten a lot more expensive and harder to find, so that's something to consider. I got it because it is supposed to be very fast drying, but toulene free, which is better for you. I liked this, but it didn't give as glossy a shine and took longer to dry as compared to the Seche Vite, but was still faster than a standard top coat. I would say it takes about 10-15 minutes before I was comfortable that it was dry to touch, and maybe about 30 minutes before I was comfortable with it being completely dry. I do tend to estimate upwards as I am a paranoid nail painter, but overall I quite liked this. However, I would not repurchase unless I decided to go toulene free, or something.

Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
A very well known product in beauty circles as it dries quickly and has a very glossy finish. I like this a lot, even though there is toulene in it. I just make sure that I paint my nails in an aerated area and I try not to breathe in as much of the fumes as possible. I feel like this is dry to touch in 3-8 minutes, and completely dry in about 25-30 minutes. It's not a lot less than the Color Club one, but I feel like it does make a lot of difference (especially when you're like me and have trouble sitting still). It is quite a thick polish, which means it glides on quite nicely, and if you do nail art, it's less likely to smudge. I have repurchased this, and probably will continue to do so.


So there is my P10P review, I thought that a comparison would help. I'm sorry that I don't have swatches of these or pictures of how they work, but I hope this was useful. Let me know if you have any questions in the comments below, or if you have any recommendations for me.

Signing off now,

Dusty Foxes


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, please leave a comment and check back because I'm going to try and reply to every comment. Feel free to leave links because I love reading new blogs and if you want a more direct response, feel free to tweet me @dustyfoxes or email me at dustyfoxesbeauty@gmail.com