Sunday 1 November 2015

Sample Sunday: Diorskin Star Foundation Review

Hello!

So I've decided that for the month of November, I will be running a new series called Sample Sunday where I review samples I have! I got a bunch of samples previously and I thought it was time to use them up and while I am at it, why not review them! So for the 5 Sundays in this month, I will be posting a review of different samples,,,,

Today to kick things off is this sample of the Diorskin Star Foundation. I got this sample when it was first released last year and they gave a week of samples. I used it a few times and actually saved one for the purpose of review, then I forgot about it. Luckily, I did type up a few notes on it and that is why I can review it! 



The sample came in 5 sachets and I have to say, the samples were quite generous and I didn't use a sachet per application. More like a third?

I tried it with a brush and hated the finish. I used my usual application method, which is the Real Techniques Expert Face brush, but I found the finish too thick and heavy feeling. 

I then tried it with a damp Beauty Blender as the foundation was pictured with a sponge. I found this applied much better and I definitely think this is a better application method.

The coverage is what I would describe as medium but buildable. With the beauty blender, I find it does sheer out coverage a little, and when I used it with a brush it definitely was more full coverage.

The formula is quite nice. It is quite a liquid formula and sits on the skin well. It dries down to a demi-matte finish and looks quite skin-like. It didn't really highlight pores, however I did find it clung to dry patches a little. It also isn't great for oil control, but the lasting power is quite good.

Overall it is a very nice foundation, but personally I think it is quite expensive at £32.50. Personally I would not purchase.

Let me know if you've tried this foundation and what you think or leave your foundation recommendations in the comments below! I love finding out what other people are loving.

Signing off now,

Dusty Foxes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, please leave a comment and check back because I'm going to try and reply to every comment. Feel free to leave links because I love reading new blogs and if you want a more direct response, feel free to tweet me @dustyfoxes or email me at dustyfoxesbeauty@gmail.com