Tuesday 8 December 2015

12 Posts Before Christmas: Gifts for a higher Budget Over £25


Hello!

Last of the gift guides this year, I think this higher end selection is really nice and would make the most amazing presents to open on Christmas day. Some of these are more expensive, but I do have lower budget presents in my previous gift guides, so check those out!

As with the other 2, I have personally tried these gifts and honestly recommend them. I've tried to include a differing selection for the various people in your life, but I feel like higher end stuff I own tends to be makeup/beauty related or very very much over budget, so sorry if it's a bit beauty-focused. As usual, I've tried to include as many links as I could.

Let's get into it!

Makeup:
Urban Decay Naked Palette original , 2, or 3- The Naked palettes are pretty much the most famous/popular palettes within my friendship group. Even my friends who aren't that into YouTube or bloggers know of/want the naked palettes. I personally do not have the Smoky one as I have a lot of makeup and rarely wear smokey eyes so I skipped that one, but I honestly love the original, 2 and 3. I would recommend the original or 2 for someone who is starting to get more into eyeshadows and wants to have a nice selection of neutrals. The naked 3 I recommend for someone who is more experienced with eyeshadow and likes the romantic pink/rose eye look. I feel like this is a good present, because it is such a hyped product and honestly, I really enjoy using them!


Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette - I have the original one and honestly, this was the first high end product I purchased. This is a really good one for someone who loves chocolate and eyeshadow and likes to have a good selection of nudes and a few choices for subtle colour. Really nice textures and it's a great palette to have as a stand alone due to the variation of mattes/shimmers.

Zoeva Makeup Brushes- I got a massive set of these previously hauled on my blog. To date, my posts about the Zoeva brushes are my most viewed posts and honestly, I use at least one Zoeva brush every time I do my makeup. They are soft, but still apply makeup well and they don't shed. I love my Zoeva brushes and I want more! I know that the set I got is rather expensive, but they do smaller sets as well. They are a bit pricey, but they are a great investment and a perfect gift for someone who enjoys the process of putting on makeup.


Skincare/body care:
L'Occitane Delicious Almond Collection- The Almond Shower oil is by far my favourite shower item ever. It's the most wonderful thing. You squirt a little bit out and it emulsifies into a lovely, smooth, nourishing white liquid and a little goes a long way. The scent is quite rich and warm and I love it paired with the light almond milk concentrate included in the kit. The body oil included is quite nice, but I haven't used it that much as I only recently got the kit. The hand cream is one of my personal favourites. The only thing I haven't used is the bar soap because I don't really use bar soaps so I cannot comment on it, but honestly, the kit is so worth the money and it comes very nicely packaged in the gift box. I would love to receive this on Christmas day because the shower oil is that luxurious!

Candle set- I got this Lily Flame candle set from Fenwicks and I really like the little tins. They feel quite nice with the embossing and they smell lovely. I particularly like Lavender + Lime to relax before bed. They are under £25, but I forgot to include them in the previous gift guide as I thought they were more expensive. I think these would be lovely to gift to someone for Christmas as they are quite nice around this time of the year, but also would be nice to have at other times of the year.

Clothing:
Brandy Melville Kassidy Hoodie- Not going to lie, I am wearing mine at the very moment I am typing this and I did not just put it on to say that. I personally don't think Brandy Melville as a brand is that great due to the fact that everything is one size only, but this hoodie is lovely. It's soft and comfortable and I wear it far too much. This is one of my staple clothing items throughout the year and it's so easy to throw on over most outfits. I do feel it's quite an expensive item as it's just a basic hoodie, but it was money well spent for me as I wear it so often. Also, apparently they ship now! Last year when I got my hoodie I went to London and got hopelessly lost for an hour looking for the store. (but that's mainly because I am quite directionally challenged)

Tech:
Micro Nail and Nails Inc set- This is quite a nice gift set for someone who loves doing their nails. I actually stumbled across this at Boots just last week and I had to get it! It includes 2 of the Nails Inc Gel Effect Polishes in a pink and a red as well as their Superfood Kale base coat, which my boyfriend thought was an "alien green" nail polish. But the tech part comes in with the Micro Nail Elegance Nail buffer, which is basically an electronic buffer for your nails, in case you're too lazy to buff your nails with a 4-way buffer block. Personally, it's not a must-have, but for a Christmas present, it is probably the best kind of gift. It's something that is just a bit of fun and is a nice gift. I personally think it's also good deal because a single Nails Inc polish costs £15, and the Micro Nail itself cost £29.99 full price!


I hope this gave you some ideas for presents or to ask for them as presents! Let me know what other things you think should have been on my gift guides in the comments below. I would love to hear your recommendations as I do my Christmas shopping!

Signing off now,

Dusty Foxes




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, please leave a comment and check back because I'm going to try and reply to every comment. Feel free to leave links because I love reading new blogs and if you want a more direct response, feel free to tweet me @dustyfoxes or email me at dustyfoxesbeauty@gmail.com