Sunday 4 January 2015

New Year Resolutions!

New Year Resolutions - Dusty Foxes Beauty Blog

So now that Christmas is over and we're in 2015 (still processing that one) I thought I would get a move on and do some New Year Resolutions. Yes, I know my header picture says New Year's Resolutions, but I was sleepy when I made that and was too lazy to make another one.

Which leads me onto...

1. Stop being so lazy!
I'm someone who's middle name is procrastinate and my other middle name is lazy. Doesn't matter if it's taking photos for the blog or typing out a post, I'll convince myself that I really need to recheck my Bloglovin' feed or to try and learn how to balance a spoon on my nose (Still haven't mastered that yet). It's rather bad because then to get posts up by 10 am on Sunday (which is my posting schedule btw) I tend to rush a post so that's why this is no 1 on my list (and of course this applies to my life outside the blog as well)

2. Learn how to take better photographs
I have a CSC and I love it, but I am still using it on auto mode. Which defeats the purpose of me getting it anyway. I'm planning to learn how to adjust settings like ISO and aperture and other things that I take for granted in my auto mode. I'm hoping this will help with the problems I have with photos that are just not looking the way I want them to (maybe I should have learnt this before I took the header picture...)

3. Learn how to edit photos
Right now I'm just uploading pictures as they come but I'm thinking about learning some Photoshop to get the colours more true to life. But before that, I'm thinking for header pictures I could try some more basic software like Picmonkey to get words there (so I won't have to use paper). I'm not sure when I will start uploading these as I really want to get them to where I want before I start uploading them, but look out for that and please give me feedback! I don't think I'll do this with normal review- style posts, but others... Maybe.

4. Start planning ahead
Part of the whole procrastinating lazy thing from no 1 means that sometimes I post things without really planning them out, then when I go back and look at them again, I realise that I missed out some things I wanted to say. Also, this way I won't panic when the sun goes in and I don't have pictures and I need to get a post up soon!

5. Appreciate you more!
By you I mean my followers. I really have to thank you because if it wasn't for you, I'd probably have given up blogging. I can't believe I have been nominated for the Liebster Award and I have almost 40 followers on Bloglovin'. I'm so thankful for all of you who come visit my blog. I'm thinking about doing a giveaway one day but I'm still figuring out the mail system in the UK (I never send mail). If you've done a giveaway before, I'll gladly appreciate the help!

So these are my 5 blog related resolutions. What do you guys think? What are your resolutions? Let me know in the comment section below!

Signing off now,
Dusty Foxes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, please leave a comment and check back because I'm going to try and reply to every comment. Feel free to leave links because I love reading new blogs and if you want a more direct response, feel free to tweet me @dustyfoxes or email me at dustyfoxesbeauty@gmail.com